Thursday, August 5

GiST 158 & Thursday Stuff

Grace in Small Things #158


1. We got a dividend check from my auto insurer. With a little of the "found money", we went to Michael's and I picked up a new counted cross stitch project to work on. Something else to do on a hot afternoon!

2. I also got a paperback copy of Diana Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone and will be reading that very soon.

3. We donated our rarely used treadmill to the senior center in town. All it's doing is gathering dust here and this way it'll bring something positive to the services the center offers. They happily picked it up this afternoon.

4. Some of the dividend check is going to having a happy visit to the Cape May Zoo tomorrow. We're taking our little guy and the girls are both going too.

5. I'm returning a bunch of movies I borrowed from the library and hopefully there will be more waiting for me to pick up. I just love the library!


Thursday Challenge

Photo Theme: Outdoors

I took this picture of TB and Little T on one of our walks at the end of June. I look at this picture and marvel at how green and pretty everything looks at this park! We haven't been in over a month because of the extreme heat and humidity. Around our house, things became very brown and dry. In the last couple of days, we got a little rain and things are green again. I am so looking forward to a time when the weather is pleasant enough for us to be able to go to the parks again!

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Random Thoughts


1. If there was one thing I could change about myself, it would be to get rid of my procrastination. Some days I can manage to overcome it; many I can't and I'm very frustrated about it!

2. My grandmother was special because she loved me unconditionally, valued me, and let me know it. She was a proper lady and taught me all about manners and place settings. We also would take tea together and watch the birds and squirrels play from her big picture window in the kitchen. When we went shopping, she'd have me choose books for the "library" at her house. She was my protector and champion and I loved her probably more than she knew.

3. If I could be any person in the world, I'd still be me because the bottom line is, I'm happy--this is stripping away the daily stresses and the financial mess and all that other stuff. I'm happy being me....except for the procrastination.

4. My hobbies are reading, walking, counted cross stitch, swimming, and simple puzzles. In general I like them because they exercise my mind. Some (walking and swimming, obviously) exercise my body. They help me to be healthy. They also help me to be whole and avoid depression because my mind is active. With reading, I learn so much from each and every book I pick up.

5. I would want to be remembered for caring about other people, especially friends and family

6. If I could have three wishes, I would want: to spend an all expenses vacation of three weeks in Hawaii, one on a cruise somewhere (maybe the Bahamas), and one on a trip to Ireland, where I could learn more about my family's roots

7. If I found a $20, I'd either go to Borders and get a couple of paperbacks or I'd go to Michael's and get another project to work on!

8. My favorite toy as a child was a stuffed cat my grandma made for me. I called her Meow and carried her everywhere with me.

9. What would happen if there was no television? People would talk to each other more often! Before there was TV, they'd gather around the radio and listen to stories and shows so I imagine there'd be something like that going on too. Maybe people would visit each other more often and play card or board games too!

10. If I could travel into outer space, I'd want to see the moon and maybe go for a walk on it. I identify most with the moon. When we look up into the sky at night, there it is. I don't wonder about other planets the way I wonder about the moon.

11. If I could play any instrument, I'd want to play the saxophone. It has such a sexy sound to it but can also be lively or even melancholy. I love the sax!

12. I'm really glad I learned how to play the guitar. It was a big deal when I was in high school and I got many hours of enjoyment out of it. It was wonderful to make any kind of music I wanted to suit whatever mood I was in!

13. I haven't had watermelon in a long time but when I was a child, it seemed to be a summer staple. Now they make seedless watermelon and for adults they're convenient but I'd think they'd be boring for kids. Half the fun was spitting the seeds out!

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over