Saturday, August 14

Saturday Stuff

Grace in Small Things #164


1. We had a good family therapy session. Not everyone was happy but a lot of things got said. The therapist says we've made a lot of progress.

2. I thought my new sewing project would be really really hard and it is, but I'm managing to do it!

3. I ordered my books for the fall semester, woooohoooo!

4. I read a book about writing and learned a couple of useful things. One is that I should stay at my computer even if I can't think of anything to write. Duh.

5. What a nice day! I really appreciate these little breaks from the heat and humidity!

6. The frozen Wawa cappucino drink thingys--so refreshing! I like getting my coffee fix this way!

7. My son came home from work and started vacuuming the floors -- all on his own!


Caturday


Munchkin, you got the right idea! This is what we all need to do on those hot August days and nights!

Want more Caturday? Be sure to check out Blogging Cat Noos!

Saturday Nine


1. What are you superstitious about? I've outgrown all my supersticions. Not even Friday the 13th bothers me anymore.

2. What’s the story behind one of your scars? I cut my knee to the bone falling on a jagged pipe at a miniature golf place when I was about 12 or 13. We'd gone there to celebrate Father's Day. Some Father's Day for Dad--he had to sit in the emergency room with me while the doctor stitched my knee closed!

3. What are three things that you would rather be doing right now? I'd rather be in Ocean City, MD. I'd rather be at any beach, anywhere. I'd rather be on vacation with TB.

4. What do you do when you're bored? Read, cross-stitch or nap

5. What's your favorite thing to do? Why? My favorite thing to do is read because then my mind is engaged and I'm being entertained. I'm never lonely when I read.

6. What do you do when you're lonely? Woohoo! See the answer to the previous question! I'll also seek out someone's company, watch a movie, or do something else to try to engage me.

7. How do you measure the passing of time in life? I measure in birthdays.

8. What would constitute "the perfectly lived day" for you? Going back to days of my youth, it would be a day at the beach. I would spend the morning to the early afternoon swimming and sunning. In the afternoon, I'd play my guitar or cards with someone. In the evening--the boardwalk for fun, shopping and games!

9. If you knew you were going to die in a year, what would you do in your final days? I would spend my time with my family trying to make happy memories for them.

The Saturday Six


1. Do you usually feel physically younger or older than you actually are? That's a hard one to answer. I think I feel physically (and mentally) younger but then my body always comes back and kicks my butt to let me know I'm not so young!

2. When it comes to your own sensibilities and personal taste, do you usually feel younger or older than you actually are? I would say I'm right at the age I'm at, maybe a little younger.

3. Do you think you were better at being a kid or an adult? Oh, I'm much better at being an adult, I've been one for so many more years!

4. Do you find yourself trying to make more time for play or rest these days? I'm trying to find ways to entertain myself more and am not having a lot of luck this summer!

5. Take the quiz: Are You a Puppy or a Kitten?



You Are a Kitten



You are playful and sweet, but you also treasure your alone time.

You're pretty independent, and you resent anyone trying to tell you what to do.



You don't get bored easily. You are quite good at entertaining yourself.

Deep down, you are quite sensitive and intuitive. You are less standoffish than you seem.

6. Which have you had more of in your life: dogs or cats? Way more cats!



Describe your first 'crush'. What was the person like?


My first crush had to be another five year old, my kindergarten classmate Glen. I don't remember much about him now because I haven't seen him in about fifty years. He was definitely my first crushed because we were "engaged". How cute is that?

He didn't live too far from my home and we'd play together often. He was a sweet kid with sandy hair. We were very loyal to each other and would sit together on the bus every day.

One morning it was a real challenge because apparently he'd stepped in dog poo and really stunk! No one else wanted to sit nearby and kids hollered at him. I sat right next to him, feeling sick, but not holding my nose. Once we got to the school, a teacher helped him clean his shoes off.

I remember feeling very sad when his family moved away at the end of the year. I often wonder what happened to him. If I could remember his last name, I'd try to find him on Facebook!

1 comment:

The Chair Speaks said...

Munchkin did it right -- nap!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over