Saturday, June 4

Memes

I just came from reading a friend's blog, Jen's Rambling Thoughts enthusiastic about memes again. I'd forgotten about them in the year I was going to school! Memes are fun and can sometimes spark ideas to write about.

Saturday Six


Name 6 things that you did more before you discovered social networking?

1. Read
2. Go out
3. Talk on the phone
4. Face time with friends
5. Play with pets
6. Work on puzzles


Saturday Nine


Best and Worst


1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? TB and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Son Bill treated us to dinner and then we went to the movies. It was so nice to go out!

The worst? TB's been having muscle spasms all over his body and last night, his leg gave out. It's scary and very worrisome!

2. What's the best thing someone's done for you (recently or not so recently)? My mom sent us a big fat check for our anniversary!

What's the worst thing someone's done to you (again, recently or not so recently)? Gosh, I try not to focus on negative stuff. Well, I guess the worst thing was being deprived of our grandson for six months a few years ago.

3. What's the best thing about your job? I'm not working right now but when I was an interpreter for the Deaf, I loved interacting with the clients and being in a new setting from day to day. I loved my independence.

Worst? The pain from overuse syndrome in my hands. I started interpreting in the early days, long before breaks and relief were required for interpreters signing for more than 30 minutes at a time. There were days I was signing six hours.

4. What's the best new website you've found? The Dark Shadows News Page. I am a big fan of the original gothic soap and its actors and actresses. I am thrilled that Tim Burton is filming a remake with Johnny Depp.

Worst? I guess I'd have to say my professors' webpages because all they have is work...classwork and homework!

5. What's the best book you've read? It's been out for a couple of years but I was waiting to read it until the last of the series was about to come out. It's called A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin.

Worst? I'm not sure. I give a book about 100 pages to "hook" me and if it doesn't, I set it aside and forget it.

6. What's the best movie you've seen? It's so hard to pick just one but I'll say Casablanca

Worst? Men At Work with Emilio Estevez. It came out in the early '90s, I think.

7. What's the best meal you've had? Prime rib, baked potato, sour cream & beans

Worst? Liver--I couldn't get past the first bite!

8. What's the best holiday? Christmas

Worst? I can't think of a worst holiday. Maybe Valentine's Day. It's about love, but what if you don't have a significant other? It's also about spending a lot on cards, candy and flowers

9. What's the best thing in your future? Hope

Worst? The economy!

The Saturday Six at Patrick's Place


1. Which doughnut shop do you prefer: Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme, or a different store? I prefer Krispy Kreme slightly over Dunkin' Donuts. There's something about the taste that's different and Krispy Kreme is more appealing.

2. Do you prefer your doughnuts hot, room temperature or cool? Room temperature

3. Take the quiz: What Donut Are You?



You Are a Boston Creme Donut



You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.

But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.

You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.

You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and you pout if it's sold out.

4. How do you usually spell it: doughnut or donut? Donut

5. Do you prefer cake-style or glazed? Glazed

6. Do you prefer frosted, creme-filled or plain? Frosted

That first meme got me thinking about all the things I did before Facebook. I'm thinking I should devote less time to the computer and more to friends and family. So I called my mom on TTY to see how she's doing. She told me she was busy doing laundry (hint, hint, get off the phone). I asked if she'd rather I call another time and she said yes, because she also had to get ready to make her dinner. It was 9 a.m. at the time. But who knows? Maybe an 82 year old woman needs that extra time. So I went back to Facebook. ;) Later, though, I'm hoping off to read a book, ride my bike and spend some time with my kids! It's another beautiful day outside and I hope everyone else enjoys their weekend!

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over