It's the first day of a brand new year and I'd resolved to look for the positives in my life to counter balance the negatives. Our family gets hit with a lot of the negatives and it gets so discouraging it's hard sometimes to see the little bright glimmers. One thing I thought to do is start over with Grace in Small Things (GiST). GiST is a 365 day challenge to express five little things in the day that make it brighter. So here goes my first GiST of this year:
1. The sun is out and it's very mild for January. Normally I'm done with winter as soon as Christmas is over so this is a blessing for me. Also, we don't have to run the heat. Temperatures are supposed to plummet later this week but we'll enjoy this while we can!
2. There's nothing like waking up and following your nose to the kitchen, smelling fresh coffee brewing. Thank heavens for timers! I remember when I'd fumble around, half-asleep, trying to make that first pot of coffee!
3. I opened the door to a full fridge. Ah, delicious left overs for lunch!
4. Heidi's car is still kaput but there is the bus so that I don't have to drive her 20 miles to and from work. The schedule isn't always convenient but it's better than nothing!
5. I'm reading a really good book, The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett. I can't seem to put it down. Some of the books I read are so-so and some are so bad I put them down. I'm really grateful when I have a book I just fall into!
Happy New Year, all!