Saturday, November 10

Lion Cut In Winter? Or Not?

Poor Amber has the nastiest gakkiest hair ball regurgitations I've ever seen. Sometimes when she eats, the food lies on top of whatever massive hairball is gathering in her tummy and it all comes up. The other day, Heidi called us when we were on our way to aqua therapy. She was very worried about Amber because she was meowing like it hurt and then brought up food and another gargantuan hairball. I wanted to make sure she wasn't sick sick and so we withheld food from her over night. She was one pissed off kitty cat but otherwise was alert and acting normal.

I've tried all kinds of things. She's got a lot of hair and I comb her every day. I comb off enough hair to cover a doll's head. Every day. I've given Amber a little butter or oil and have also used cat food formulas that claim to be especially for hairball control. Poor Amber. I've heard her gag like she was choking and she comes up with something that I know would be painful if it came out of my tummy and up my throat!

Does anyone get their long haired kitties a lion cut in November?


Lion Cut, Yes or No?
Should Amber have a lion cut?
Yes
No











Amber sez: Hey! Hey! No haircuts! And I'm not the only one puking around here.

Alas, I woke up this morning with pain in my right eye and sticky tears on my cheek. It felt like I had a sideways (horizontal) splinter in my eye and every time I blinked or moved it hurt! Okay, maybe I got something in it. I figured the tears would wash out whatever foreign whaddayacallit was in there...but it didn't happen. So I decided to flush my eye with a little warm water and boy, that hurt too! So it was time to call the doctor. Meantime I felt like I was going to go at both ends.

The doctor says it's all from another sinus infection. I sort of suspected I had something like that because of all the gunk I was coughing up but what was the splintery sensation? The doctor says my eye just got irritated from all the crap backing up in my sinuses. Oh, yippee.



Amber sez...hey! Don't forget about the Bad KittyCat Festival of Chaos!

Oh yeah...come back tomorrow evening and check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amber, I am almost as fluffy as you and I get fur balls too. I hate them. Momma keeps talking about a lion cut and I am not sure I would like it. I do get cold!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Ohh with Four long fur kitty cats, we have to say no, unless she gets Dred locks like Baby did, even though she was not long furred. We vote NO. Tooo Cold. But as for the furballs, we have no clue. we just let them Yak.

If she keeps it up maybe Amber needs to be checked. Could it be her food? Just a thought.

Sorry Cassie about your Trip to the Human Vet and being sick. We are purring and sending hugs your way.

Thanks for hosting, we can't wait to see the kitty fun.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over